With Penneo, you can quickly send documents out for digital signing. Penneo V1 is our old interface; you may experience that some features are slightly different from Penneo V2.
Create a case file in Penneo V1
- When you are logged in to Penneo, click Create New and choose Documents for signing.
- Start of by configuring the case file
- Choose case file type from the drop-down menu. Click on the question mark to see details of the flow. Your signing flow defines the roles and signing order. Understanding Signing Flows in Penneo.
- Add a title to your case file.
- Select whether signers should be able to view all documents or only the ones they need to sign. You can read more about this setting here.
- Optional: create a reference, this is meant for personal use in terms of sorting for example. It has no technical effect within the case file.
- Select whether the case contains sensitive data, for more information regarding sensitive data see How access control works in Penneo.
- Optional: Enabling 'Sign Documents at Meeting' refers to a physical meeting. Instead of sending signing requests via email to each separate signer, there will only be one email sent to the creator of the case file with all the signing links listed.
- Select which folder your case file should be stored in.
- Select your language for the signing recipients, this will affect the system language when signers open documents, and it also changes the default email templates from Penneo to the selected language.
Now add the desired PDF files to the case file. Do so by pressing the Add documents button or by dragging and dropping the files into the window. You can add multiple files at once. See the following article for the recommended format and file size What files can I upload to Penneo?
- Once you have uploaded your documents, you can edit the title of the documents under Name the document and select the Type for the documents. You can also change the order in which the documents should be viewed by the signing recipients. To change the order, hover over the three lines on the far left of the document row and drag and drop the files.
Note that you must always have at least one document with a required signing.
Click Continue to preview.
- Review your documents, and click Continue to add signers once you are done.
- You must now add your signing recipients and their roles. The roles determine what and when the signer can view and sign the documents. Add one recipient at a time by entering the required information:
- Add Name
- Add Email Address
- Optional: On behalf of
- Select a role for the recipient. The options available will depend on the case file type you have chosen. You can customize the role name by checkmarking clicking the cogwheel and typing in the new role name in the custom role field that appears.
- In the cogwheel settings, you will also be able to set an activation date and an expiry date for the signer. Note that these are individual per signer created.
- Insert your desired reminder interval for the signer. Entering a zero would mean that the signer only gets the initial email to sign but no reminders.
- Optional: Checkmark Allow touch signatures if you wish to do so. Note that this cannot be activated if sensitive or other access limitations has been enabled for this case file,
- see How access control works in Penneo.
- Optional: Checkmark Limit access to the documents using validation under Access control, see How access control works in Penneo.
- Optional: Input social security number for the signer. You can also enter VATIN, however this function is only available for danish organization numbers.
- Once you have filled in all the information for your signer, click Create signer. Repeat this process until you have added all relevant signers.
- Click Continue.
- Optional: add copy recipients by typing in their name and email, followed by clicking Create copy recipient.
- Click Continue.
- This is the last step of the process. Most commonly, signers will receive three different types of emails: Message to Signers (signing request), Casefile Completed and Reminders. Here you can choose an email template, or write your own on the spot by clicking Custom message in the bottom left corner. The Penneo default templates translates automatically depending on the language you chose in the first step. You can also create your own email templates, see Create an email template.
- When you are ready, click Send signing requests.