You can quick and easy send documents to digital signature with Penneo. This guide will show you how to use the Penneo Web portal. Remember that Penneo can be used in Windows + Outlook or via integrations to our API.
Create a document for signature
- Log in to Penneo with username and password or with your e-ID.
- Click on "Create New" case file and select "Documents for signing".
- Select the case file type you need to use and give it a name for later identification in the archive. The choice of case file type defines the role and order of the signers.
If you have any doubts about the roles and order of a specific case file type, click on the question mark and a pop-up window with information about it will appear.
Read more about case file types here.
Choose how many of the documents in the case file the signers should have access to. Should they be able to view all documents or just the documents and attachments they themselves have to sign?
Check the box of "The case file contains sensitive information" if you want to restrict the availability of the submitted document, so that the recipient must use his e-ID to open the link with the document. Read more about sensitive information here.
Click on "Choose folder" to select which folder the case file is to be stored in when it is finalized.
Select the language for the emails that the signer will receive - ie. the email with the link to the documents for signing, the email they get when the case file is finalised or rejected and the reminders.
- Click "Continue".
- Click "Add Documents" to add the document you need to send. You can assign a name to the documents, select the type of document or delete them.
If you want to add more documents - such as attachments - simply repeat the action. Please note that the system supports only PDF files.
- If you have added more than one document, you can select the order of the documents by clicking and holding the 3 small lines next to "Order" while selecting the order in which the document is to be placed.
- When you have added all the documents, click "Continue to preview".
- Here you are shown a preview of all the documents you have uploaded, divided into tabs (you can find them right above "Document key"). If you wish to download the files as PDF, you can do it by clicking "Download as PDF". If everything is in order, click "Continue to signers".
- Fill in the signers' informations including names, emails and "On behalf of" - if relevant, for example in case the signer is signing on behalf of a company. Then you choose the role of the signer and how many days there should be between each reminder email.
You can also choose to allow touch signatures - read more about touch signatures here.
If you wish to restrict the individual signer's access to the documents, so that the signer must use his e-ID to open the actual link to the documents, you can check the box "Limit access to the documents using validation". Then you must fill in the signers' Social security number or VAT ID number, that they will use to validate themself.
Note: Please note that this is automatically checked if you have checked the box "The case file contains sensitive information" in step 5.
- When all the required information is filled in, you can click on "Create signer". If you wish to create more signers, just repeat this process.
- You can see all the created signers in the box "Signers". When you have added all the needed signers, click "Continue".
- If you wish to add one or more people that should get a copy of the finalized documents, you can add them as copy recipients. This is optional. When you are ready, click "Continue".
- If you wish to personalize the three emails that the signers receive - "Message to Signers", "Casefile Completed" and "Reminders" - this is where you do it.
You can either use a pre-built template that your company's administrator has created for the whole company or one that you have created for your own usage.
You can also choose to write a personalized email for each signer, in which case you click "Custom message" and start typing.
When you are ready, click "Send signing requests".
- Congratulations, your case file is on its way! The signing requests are sent and the signers will soon receive an email with a link to the documents.
You can always track the status of the case file by logging in to Penneo, finding the case file in your "Pending" folder, and clicking on the "Event log" of the specific signer.