You can quick and easy send documents to digital signature with Penneo. This article is a guide to the Penneo Desktop Application and how to send your first case file. Remember that Penneo can also be used from our Website and Outlook or through integrations to our API.
Create a document for signing
- Open the Penneo Desktop Application and log in with your e-ID or username and password.
If you do not have the Penneo Desktop Application installed on your computer, you can get it here.
- In the first section, you need to fill in some information about the case file. The first thing to do is to assign a name - that way it will be easy to find later on - and choose a case file type. If you are in doubt about which type you should use, you can read more about case file types here.
You also need to choose a folder where your case file will end up when it is finalized, consider if the signers should be able to access all the documents or only the ones they will be signing, which language you want the signers to get the information in and whether the documents contain sensitive data.
- In the second section you upload the documents that you want to send, both the ones that need signing and the ones that do not. You just have to press the "Select Documents +" button or drag and drop the documents from the computer to the Desktop Application. You can select which document type their are, open and review the documents and delete them.
- The third section is where you add the signers. In order to do that you need to fill in some information about them, their name, email, on behalf of (e.g. in the case of a company) and role.
You can choose "Private" if the documents you are sending only should be viewed by a specific person, in which case you have to fill in their social security number (SSN), or if the documents only should be accessible by employees of a specific company, in which case you have to fill in the company's VAT Id. Please notice that the field "Private" will automatically be checked when sensitive data is selected.
You can also choose to allow touch signatures by checking the "Touch" box (more about touch signatures here), and determine a reminder interval.
- When you have added all documents and signers, press "Next".
- On the next page you can choose to add copy recipients (optional), who will receive an email with a link to the documents when the case file is finalized. Please notice that, because of safety reasons, it is not possible to add copy recipients if sensitive data is selected.
- The last step is to determine the content of the email the signer will receive. You can choose a template - either a standard template, or a personalized template that you can create on the Penneo website, more information about templates here -, or write a message from scratch. You also have the option of sending the case file at a later date and whether it should expire.
- Your case file is now ready to go, you just have to press "Send Signing Request" and it is on it's way!