You can send documents for signing fast and easy with Penneo Outlook Plugin, by using your usual email platform.
This is especially useful if your document management system only can export files directly to Outlook.
Note that this plugin only compatible with Windows.
- How to install the Outlook plugin
- I cannot see the "Send til Penneo" button in Outlook
- How to send a case file with Outlook
How to install the Outlook plugin
Make sure you already have the Penneo Desktop Application installed (v. 1.1.4 or later).
- Firstly, make sure that Outlook is closed during the installation process, not only minimized.
- Download Penneo for Outlook, and install the plugin
- Open Outlook. When you create a new email there should be Send til Penneo button on the top toolbar under the Message tab. If you cannot see the button, please follow these instructions: I cannot see the "Send til Penneo" button in Outlook
Penneo Outlook Plugin is built on Visual Studio 2010 for Office and requires VSTO for Office. In the vast majority of cases, you should already have this program installed on your computer.
You will be notified if your computer does not have the VSTO 2010 when installing the Outlook Plugin. In that case, you can download it here.
For Citrix and terminal administrators, see Plugin: Outlook in Citrix/Terminal environment
I cannot see the "Send til Penneo" button in Outlook
In most cases, when you cannot see the button after installation, it is just hidden on your ribbon. First, you can control that the plugin is installed and activated by following these steps:
- In outlook, click on File, and then Options on the left side menu.
- In the window that appeared, click on Add-ins on the left side menu.
- Under Active Application Add-ins in the list, you should be able to see Penneo Outlook Plugin. If it is under Inactive Application Add-ins, you can activate it by clicking on Go... at the bottom next to Manage. Simply checkmark the Penneo Outlook Plugin in the list, and press OK. The plugin should now appear under Active Application Add-ins if you reopen the window.
Now that you have controlled that the plugin is installed and activated, to make the Send til Penneo button appear, follow these steps:
- Click on New email.
- Right click anywhere in the ribbon, and choose Customize the ribbon in the drop-down menu.
- On the left side, under Choose commands from, click on the drop-down and choose Main Tabs.
- In the list on the left, expand New Mail Message by clicking on the plus symbol next to it. Here, you should be able to find Penneo.
- Select Penneo by clicking on it, then click Add in between the two lists. You should now be able to see Penneo in the right list under New Mail Message. Click OK in the bottom right corner.
- The button should now appear on your ribbon.
How to send a case file with Outlook
- Create a new email in Outlook.
- The recipients of this email will be the signers in the case file, and Cc recipients will be copy recipients in the case file.
- The email subject will be the case file name.
- Attach documents (only PDF files can be used).
- Click the Penneo button Send til Penneo on the toolbar under the Message tab.
- The Penneo Desktop Application will now open. Create the case file as you would normally do by selecting Case File Type, Document type and Roles for the signers.
- Once you are done adjusting the settings, send out the case file through the Desktop Application by clicking Next, and then Send Documents. See Introduction to the Penneo Desktop Application for detailed instructions on the Desktop application.
- You will not be using the email you created in Outlook, simply close it down without sending it.