When signing, the system will attempt to validate your identity based on information that it can find through your NemID. Among other things, your name and address. If you are experiencing error code 5, it might be caused by a hidden name or address in your NemID certificate. It might also be due to not having a danish address.
If you do not have a danish address, the only solution would be for the requester of your signature to add your CPR number, or to activate touch signature. Contact the sender and ask them to attach your CPR number to the case file.
On the other hand, if it is due to a hidden name or address in your NemID certificate, you can either go to NemId's self-service solution and choose to make your name visible or ask the requester of your signature to attach your CPR number to the case file. If you wish to make your name visible, follow the steps below.
- In order to activate your name in your NemID, go to www.nemid.nu.
- Click on the button where it says Self-service and login with your NemID.
- Once you are logged in, click My NemID in the menu on the left side, followed by clicking Certificates and then Edit settings.
- Here, you can choose if you would like your name to appear in your NemID by marking Yes (Default).
- Click Save changes. Note that it might take time for these settings to get processed and activated.
- Return to the documents you want to sign through Penneo. Once you have finished the signing process you will be notified that your certificate has been updated.