In this article we are going to explore how to set up the fields for webforms. The fields are for the users to eventually fill out in the form. There are two fields that are mandatory for the webform to work, and that is a field for the signer’s name, and a field for the email address. These fields must also be named RECIPIENT_NAME and RECIPIENT_EMAIL. These fields are added automatically and cannot be removed.
If you are editing an older webform, chances are it is missing one of the now mandatory fields. If so, you have to add them and name them as above for you to be able to save your changes.
Adding and moving fields
To get started on building your form, click Add form field. A field needs a name, a label, a type, and you also need to decide whether the fields are required or optional. It is important that the fields’ order corresponds to that of the PDF so that they are not disarranged in the final product. You can change the order by drag and drop, simply hold the six squares of the field you wish to move.
Detailed description of the fields
- Name - The name of the field is how the Penneo system identifies the field. That mean that 2 fields cannot be named the same thing. For example if there are two different fields that require a telephone number, then both fields cannot be named phone_number.
- Label - The label option is what the user sees when filling out the form. This can be used to tell the user details about the field such as what exactly needs to be specified in the field. For example if it is a field to put in an address the label could be "Please write your full address as street, number, zip and city"
- Type - A field can be set as a specific type. Some types have rules that needs to be obeyed by the user. These rules will be specified when we go through the different types below:
- Text - A simple one line field for all text. No rules about the input.
- Multiline Text - A field that can have several lines of text. Best used for a blank area where the user needs to write a longer description.
- Multiple Selection - With this field you can make a drop down menu with 1 or more selections. A simple example could be to select yes or no selection to a choice.
- Email - This type of field have the requirement that i have to filled out with a valid email setup such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date - A field that shows a calendar to select a date that will be shown as dd/mm/yyyy
- Social Security Number - A field that have a restriction where it only accepts a valid social security number. At the moment the number can be 10, 11 or 12 digits. Characters such as ABC are not allowed in the field. The reason for 10-12 digits is to accommodate Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
- Vatin - This field is only for danish companies. It is for the danish organisation number. Rules are that they can not be longer than 8 digits.