In this article we are gonna explore how to setup the fields for the form. The fields are for the users to eventually fil out in the form.
A field needs a name, a label, a type and a decision whether the field is required or optional.
There are two fields that must always be there for a form to work and that is a field for the signers name and a field for the email address. These fields must also always be named in a specific way:
Field for name: RECIPIENT_NAME
Field for email: RECIPIENT_EMAIL
- Name - The name of the field is how the Penneo system identifies the field. That mean that 2 fields cannot be named the same thing. For example if there are two different fields that require a telephone number, then both fields cannot be named phone_number.
- Label - The label option is what the user sees when filling out the form. This can be used to tell the user details about the field such as what exactly needs to be specified in the field. For example if it is a field to put in a address the label could be "Please write your full address as street, number, zip and city"
- Type - A field can be set as a specific type. Some types have some rules that needs to be followed by the user. These rules will be specified when we go through the different types.
- Text - A simple one line field for all text. No rules about the input.
- Multiline Text - A field that can have several lines of text. Best used for a blank area where the user needs to write a longer description.
- Multiple Selection - With this field you can make a drop down menu with 1 or more selections. A simple example could be to select yes or no selection to a choice.
- Email - This type of field have the requirement that i have to filled out with a valid email setup such as email@example.com
- Date - A field that shows a calendar to select a date that will be shown as dd/mm/yyyy
- Social Security Number - A field that have a restriction where it only accepts a valid social security number. At the moment the number can be 10, 11 or 12 digits. Characters such as ABC are not allowed in the field. The reason for 10-12 digits is to accommodate Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
- Vatin - This field is only for danish companies. It is for the danish organisation number. Rules are that they can not be longer than 8 digits.
Adding extra fields
If you want to add extra fields to your form simply click the button where it says Add form field +
It is possible to have a cosigner that also needs to sign the form. This signer needs to be created in a similar way as to the person creating the form. The fields for the cosigner needs to be created with:
Field for name: COSIGNER_NAME
Field for email: COSIGNER_EMAIL
The cosigner will receive a email with a message saying they have been set as cosigner for this form. The person filling out the form will still be sent directly to the signing flow after filling out the form.