When your Penneo administrator has created your user you will receive an email with a link to activate your new user profile in Penneo. For security reasons, this link is only active for 14 days. Once you have opened and thereby activated the link it is only valid for 30 minutes, so remember to complete the account creation process once the link has been activated.
How to set up your new Penneo user profile:
In this example, we will be setting up Classic credentials and the danish eID; NemID, the type of logins you will need to set up the profile depends on which login options your administrator has selected and enabled for you.
- Click on the link in the invite email from Penneo
- Now you will be prompted with all the setup options your administrator has selected for you, the selected login methods will be listed in your first screen, in this example, we will be setting up Classic credentials and NemID. Are you clicking the link but is not asked to create a login? Click here for further instructions.
Note: Your username must be at least 6 characters, and your password must be at least 10 characters. In Penneo, username and email address are separate.
- Click Continue, and proceed with the setup.
- Add your desired username and password, which can be used to login to your Penneo Archive
- Click 'Save'
- Your Classic Credentials have been set up and you will now be prompted to set up your NemID
- Fill in your NemID User ID and Password, click on the NemID Key File tab if you have a company associated NemID. Click Next.
At this point you have finalized the setup process, and you can now log in with the selected login method/s.
My link has expired
If you are a user:
If you have received an invite link which has expired, you need to contact your administrator. Only your Penneo administrator can send you a new invite.
If you are an administrator:
If you are an administrator with an expired invitation, you can ask another administrator to reset your password. We always recommend that you have at least two active administrators to be able to resolve issues like these internally. Due to security and privacy reasons Penneo support is only able to provide you with a reset link once. If you are the only administrator, you can contact Penneo Support for help.
If you wish to reset the password for a user you can follow our guide by clicking here
NOTE: In case you have received multiple links in a short amount of time and tried to reset your login, but are still experiencing issues. It will be necessary to wait a minimum of 3 hours before your next login attempt - this is due to security reasons and the system will need to update and register the “correct” change.