With Penneo, you can quickly send documents out for digital signing. Penneo V2 is our new interface; you may experience that some features are slightly different from Penneo V1. You can follow the video guide below or read our written guide under it.
Create a case file in Penneo V2
- When you are logged in to Penneo, either click Create New on the left side menu and choose Case File, or click New case file on your dashboard.
- Add details to your Case File
- Start off by adding a title to your case file
- Select your Signing Flow from the drop-down menu. Click on the question mark to see details of the flow. Your signing flow defines the roles and signing order. Understanding Signing Flows in Penneo.
- Select which folder your case file should be stored in.
- Select whether signers should be able to view all documents or only the ones they need to sign. You can read more about this setting here.
- Select your language for the signing recipients, this will affect the system language when signers open documents, and it also changes the default email templates from Penneo to the selected language.
- Select whether the case contains sensitive data, for more information regarding sensitive data see How access control works in Penneo.
- Optional: Click Advanced Settings to enable 'Sign Documents at Meeting', this refers to a physical meeting. Instead of sending signing requests via email to each separate signer, there will only be one email sent to the creator of the case file with all the signing links listed.
- Optional: Click Advanced Settings to create a reference, this is meant for personal use in terms of sorting for example. It has no technical effect within the case file.
- Click Save & Continue
- Now add the desired PDF-files to the case file. Do so by pressing the Upload Document button or by dragging and dropping the files into the window. You can add multiple files at once. See the following article for the recommended format and file size What files can I upload to Penneo?
- Once you have uploaded your documents, you can edit the title of the documents and select the type of document. If you need to make changes to the documents or delete them after upload, you can do so by clicking the pen next to the document. You can also change the order in which the documents should be viewed by the signing recipients. To change the order, hover over the six squares to the left of the document name and drag and drop the files.
Note that you must always have at least one document with a required signing.
- Click Save and Continue when you have added all the desires documents to your case file.
- You must now add your signing recipients and their roles. The roles determine what and when the signer can view and sign the documents. Click on Add recipient.
- Now add one recipient at a time by entering the required information:
- Add Name
- Add Email Address
- Select a role for the recipient. The options available will depend on the case file type you have chosen. You can customize the role name by checkmarking Customize role names and typing in the new role name in the field that appears.
- Optional: Click Security and Privacy to add Access Control, see How access control works in Penneo.
- Optional: Click on Show Advanced options to add On behalf of, allow touch signatures or change reminder interval.
- Optional: Add Copy Recipient by clicking the Receive a Copy tab at the top of your pop-up window.
- Once you are done, click on Add recipient at the bottom of the window.
- Click Save & Continue.
- You are now on the final step and must review the case file. Browse all the details and note if there is anything to change. To correct this, you can go back in the process by clicking on the various steps at the top.
- Optional: Click the Personalize messages for recipients to edit or select a premade email template. The Penneo default templates translates automatically depending on the language you chose in the first step. You can also create your own email templates, see Create an email template.
- Under Configuration, you can add a Send later date or/and Expiry date.
- When you have reviewed the case file and made the necessary changes, click on Send Documents.
I am having trouble creating my case file:
If you have trouble completing the casefile, or if there is an error in your case file, Penneo will highlight it in yellow. Read the notes and go back in the process to change your case file: