In the Penneo Desktop Application, it is possible to create case file templates. A template can contain a wide arrangement of options that you can apply at a later time, so that you don't need to fill in the same information and options every time. Note that this function only exists in the Desktop Application, if you do not have it downloaded yet, you can find it here along with the introduction guide.
What can be saved in a template
In section one called Case File, it is possible to save all the information from the fields, as well as the options available.
In section two called Add Documents, you can save a document only if you are using the same file, and you haven’t moved it to a different location on your computer. Because of this, the roles for the signers will only be saved if you are using the same document.
In section three, Add Signer, everything can be saved except for signer roles. As mentioned, it is only possible to save the signer role if you are using the same document each time you want to apply a template.
If you would like to save copy recipients, or other options which are present on the second page of case file creation in the Desktop Application, you have to fill in the required fields as usual, then click Next. Here, you can save everything in the template, even custom emails.
Create a template
- In order to create a template, you need to first fill in what settings you want saved. For example, you can choose a certain amount of signers for your template or a specific case file name.
- Note that you need to fill in all the required information on the first page of the case file creation if you want to, for example, use a certain email template or the same copy recipients within this Desktop template. Continue to the second page by clicking Next.
- Once you have added or edited what you want to be saved on the second page of the Desktop Application, return to the first page by clicking Back and remove anything you don’t want included in your template before you save it.
- To save your template, click on Advanced options, name the template, click Create template, and it should now be saved.
- Before you use a template, make sure to clear all the fields. You can easily do this by clicking Advanced options and then Clear fields.
- To apply your template, click on Advanced options, and Select template in the menu that appears. Select your template of choice. If you are unsure of which template it is you want to use, you can always click on View more details (found under Use Template). This information might help you identify what template it is you are looking for.
Delete or change a template
It is unfortunately not possible to change an existing template. If you wish to change a template, we recommend applying the template you wish to change, make the changes, and save it as a new template. To delete an old template, go to Advanced options, Select template, and then View more details on the template you wish to delete. In the bottom left corner, you will find a Delete button. Confirm your choice and it should now be deleted.