MitID is an electronic ID that will replace NemID. For starters, you will not be able to sign with MitID when it is first launched. That is due to the fact that the signature component in MitID will not be publicly launched until spring 2022. In the meantime, you must keep your NemID and use it when signing documents via Penneo. You can read more about MitID here.
As a company user in Penneo, you will be able to connect your new MitID to your account, but for login only. If you have received a MitID, and wish to connect it to your Penneo company account for login purposes, you will only be able to do so if you have previously connected your personal NemID for login or if your administrator has allowed you to log in with MitID.
- If you have connected your personal NemID previously, simply follow the instructions below to connect MitID.
- If you have not connected your personal NemID previously, you will have to ask your administrator to grant you access to log in with your MitID. Once your administrator has allowed you to log in with MitID, follow the instructions in this guide: Connect an Electronic Identity Provider to your Penneo Login.
How to connect your MitID
In order to connect your MitID for login, you need to first log in to your company account. If you don’t get the option to connect your MitID, your administrator has not yet allowed you to do so.
- Once you are logged in, click on the notification bell in the top right next to your name. The bell should have a blue notification which will tell you that you are able to connect your MitID to your account.
- In the notification, click on Register MitID login.
- You will now be directed to MitID. Enter your login credentials as you normally would.
- After the connection process to MitID is complete, you will be redirected back to your profile in Penneo. You should now be able to see your MitID in the list of Electronic Identity Providers.
- Your MitID has now been connected, and you should be able to utilize it as a login method.
Receiving error 400
If you are receiving error code 400 informing you that there was a problem logging in with this ID, you have yet to connect your MitID to your account. As a professional Penneo user, you first need to log in with your usual login method and thereafter follow the instructions on How to connect your MitID. Once you have your MitID connected to your account, you are able to log in with MitID.